Software engineering encompasses the study and application of engineering to the design, development, and maintenance of software. In the classic lifecycle paradigm of software engineering, the main activities are system engineering and analysis, software requirements analysis, software design, coding, testing, and maintenance.
With roughly 15 years of valuable experience gained in specifying, designing, and developing software for commercial and aerospace applications, Logizant Engineering offers our customers the following software engineering services:
- Full-fledged software design, development, and maintenance
- Consulting on and auditing of customers’ software engineering frameworks and activities
- ISVV – Independent Software Verification and Validation
- perform software cost estimation with the COCOMO and Function Point Analysis methods.
- conduct software requirements analysis and software design activities with the following methodologies: UML; the Fusion Method; and when OOA/D is not deemed appropriate, SA/SD Yourdon/Ward-Mellor.
- perform software coding in C, C++, C#, Java, Ada, and other languages.
- conduct software verification and validation throughout the entire software lifecycle in accordance with the quality standards applicable to the software project.
We routinely write or contribute to the writing of software project documentation, such as:
- Plans: Software Development Plan, Software Configuration Management Plan, Software Product Assurance Plan, Software Verification Plan, Software Unit/Integration Test Plan, Software Validation Plan
- Specification documents: Software Requirements Specification, Software Interface Control Document
- Design definition documents: Software Design Document, Software Release Document, Software User Manual
- Reports: Software Unit/Integration Test Reports, Software Verification Report, Software Validation Report, Software Problems and Non-conformances Reports
- Software Reuse File, Maintenance Plan, Maintenance Records
As names, scopes, and contents of software project documents vary among projects and business areas, we always adapt our work to the project scope and conform to the applicable Document Requirements Descriptions.
We are accustomed to working for demanding, tightly scheduled and budgeted software projects. While not limited to being involved in institutional space projects, we have extensive experience working for European Space Agency programs under the ECSS standards framework.
For additional information, contact us for a non-binding discussion on your specific needs by calling us or by filling in the contact form at the bottom of this page.