Embedded systems engineering encompasses the study and application of engineering to the design, development, and maintenance of hardware and software systems in a wide range of applications as diverse as consumer electronics, aerospace, defense, transportation, machine tool, and more general commercial applications.
In their implementation, embedded systems range from SoC (System-on-Chip) to large computer systems based on multiprocessor architectures. They can be systems with or without hard real-time requirements.
With roughly 15 years of valuable experience gained in specifying, designing, and developing embedded systems for commercial and aerospace applications, Logizant Engineering offers our customers the following embedded system engineering services:
- Full-fledged embedded systems hardware/hardware and hardware/software integration, from system requirements specification to system validation testing prior to customer delivery
- Whether with or without hard real-time requirements, full-fledged embedded software development throughout the entire software lifecycle from software requirements specification to software validation on hardware
- Requirements, design, and development tasks conducted and related documentation set-up in accordance with quality standards applicable to system and software under development
We specify, design, and develop:
- embedded systems and software based on microprocessors and microcontrollers, such as the mainstream ARM or Intel families, but also on Digital Signal Processors.
- electronic equipment Unit Testers (Electrical Ground Support Equipment) based either on commercial off-the-shelf or on application-specific hardware and software.
- space systems and software, based on our extensive experience working with European Space Agency’s ECSS standards framework.
For additional information, contact us for a non-binding discussion on your specific needs by calling us or by filling in the contact form at the bottom of this page.